Content of PetroWiki is intended for personal use only and to supplement, not replace, engineering judgment. SPE disclaims any and all liability for your use of such content. More information
Discussions over specific topics may need to take place from time to time. PetroWiki offers champions a convenient place for asynchronous communication through the moderation task page. Starting or joining a discussion is easy when you follow a few short steps.
Discussions can only be started if a page has been edited by someone. If a page has not been edited but champions would like to discuss a page then a simple edit can be generated on the topic page in order to create a discussion link.
Everyone is required to complete the acknowledgements section when making edits to a PetroWiki page. An edit can be deemed minor i.e. spelling or grammar and bypass the moderation process and be sent to SPE staff for non-specialized approval. It is important not to use the "Minor edit' selection when creating a simple edit for the purpose of creating a discussion forum.
Who can contribute
Only the champions assigned to the topic page can contribute to the discussion.
Daily email alerts
When an edit is made to start a discussion a daily email alert of pending moderation tasks will still be generated until the edit is resolved as accepted or rejected.
Alerts are not generated on the discussion forum. Champions will need to log in and check the discussion area for responses.
How to start a discussion
- Click on the link that reads Start discussion.
- Click the 'Start a new discussion link. See image below.
- Add a subject.
- Highlighted for emphasis (yellow - original post)
- Add your comments or questions.
- Save your new discussion.
When you save your discussion it creates a new discussion forum for collaboration with other champions.
How to join a discussion
- Click on the link that reads Join discussion.
- Read the comment(s) left by other champion(s)
- Click Reply when you are ready to respond.
- Highlighted for emphasis (yellow - original post) (blue - response post)
- Add your responses or suggestions.
- Save your responses.