PetroWiki was created from the Petroleum Engineering Handbook (PEH) published by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). PetroWiki preserves the PEH content in unaltered form (page names that start with PEH:), while allowing SPE's membership to update and expand content from the published version. Pages that do not have PEH: at the beginning may have started with content from the PEH, but have been modified over time by contributors to the wiki.
Use the search box at upper right to find content of interest.
Want to contribute to PetroWiki?
Information on PetroWiki may be outdated because PEH was written before 2006. We need your expertise to update it and add new topics and technologies.
- If you are an SPE professional member, you must log in. [Use your SPE website login.]
- Pages that start with PEH: cannot be edited. But each PEH page has been recreated as several pages in the wiki that can be edited. PEH:Contents lists the PEH pages and the wiki versions associated with them.
- Learn how to edit
| PetroWiki is in a pilot phase. Content is limited to drilling and completions only. During the pilot phase, adding new pages has been limited to a selected group to ensure that the scope remains consistent and that added content does not conflict with the remainder of PEH. The remaining content of PEH will be added in the 3rd quarter of 2013.
We welcome your feedback on PetroWiki at email@example.com.
- Search is the best way to find what you need
- For a listing of the PEH chapters included, and the counterpart wiki pages, see PEH:Contents
- Translate a page using Google Translate (in the Toolbox in the navigation)
- Content in PetroWiki is moderated by at least two members with subject matter expertise.